Friday, January 21, 2011

New Year's resolution


The Midwest Marines' Facebook page recently posted something about new year's resolutions. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm late to the party as usual, so I figured I'd post a little something here about my resolution.

First of all, I want to provide a little background. It's no secret I am a strong proponent of everyone - service members especially - carrying concealed weapons. Unfortunately, I'm stationed in one of only two states in the country that does not currently have a legal provision to do so. I'm hoping Wisconsin will pass a "Constitutional carry" provision this year which will rectify the problem.

But part of what goes along with that right to carry a weapon for self defense is the responsibility to be as proficient as possible, and that's what my new year's resolution is: THIS YEAR, I WILL ATTEND MORE SELF DEFENSE FIREARMS TRAINING.

This to me is more than just a resolution, and it's even more than just fulfilling my responsibility to be proficient.

Each year, men and women from across the country take an oath to support and defend the Constitution, and each year, some of those men and women die upholding that oath. This resolution is my way of paying homage to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice; what better way is there to honor their sacrifice than by enjoying the rights for which they died defending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midwest Marines encourages posts that are frank, honest, and professional. Posts containing foul language, racial or ethnic slurs, extremist propaganda, advertising, anti-American sentiments, or links to these types of sites (except in reference to current news or other relevant content) will be removed with a request sent to the author to repost without this prohibited content. This is not an attempt at censorship, but rather an effort to ensure mutual respect and profesionalism by all.